This ACDelco FW293 review will help you see this product in detail, including its features, advantages, and disadvantages over similar models. We will also offer other pieces of information that you might find useful. For example, how you can install it, and what you’ll need for it.
This item can be very useful if you need to replace your car’s wheel bearing and hub assembly. So if you see that your vehicle is on the list of the compatible cars, you should certainly check out this product before you consider other options.
You will find this ACDelco FW293 review helpful, especially if you want to know more about this wheel stud, so you make an informed decision in the end.
About ACDelco FW293
The manufacturers of the FW293 promise that they only deliver this original piece of equipment using high-quality materials. This way, it should last longer and serve you for several years. As a replacement, it works excellently, just like your vehicle’s original factory component.
The ACDelco FW293 also guarantees that you will have a reliable auto part that matches the durability of the original equipment.
This complete assembly for wheel hub and bearing is what you need to replace your car’s old or faulty ones. It contains tapered roller or dual ball bearing elements whose lubrication can last a lifetime, according to the manufacturer.
Also, the longevity of the lube should seamlessly support your car, mainly so the wheels rotate without problems. The assembly supports several vehicles and therefore fits them properly while providing similar durability and performance.
The list of cars where you can install the gear includes:
– Buick 66 2001 to 2011 models
– Allure 2005 to 2009 models
– Century 2001 to 2005 models
– Lacrosse 2005 to 2009 models
– Lesabre 2001 to 2005 models
– Lucerne 2006 to 2011 models
A complete listing of supported General Motors vehicles is available on the manufacturer’s website. ACDelco has always provided parts for GM vehicles.
In fact, the company makes itself felt in more than two million General Motor cars every year. In this case, you can trust that this is the brand that offers the same OE parts for the production of GM cars.
Additionally, the company promises to meet expectations for quality, form, and function, while making sure the parts are still affordable.
Specifications and Description
- Ball bearing
- Lug bolts
Pros and Cons of ACDelco FW293
To learn more about this product, here is a compilation of the pros and cons for these bearings:
any customers seem to be convinced of the part’s authenticity as the right bearing assembly for General Motor vehicles. Its high-quality materials are just one of the factors that should make sure of that. It should be easy to install as well, so you do not have to go to a mechanic to have it set up in your car.
Since it lasts for a long time and you can mount it on your own, you get to save tons of money, which can make this gear highly valuable for car owners.
The most frequent complaint reported by users is that they discovered that they purchased the wrong item. Namely, instead of a product made in the USA and by the company, they get a counterfeit one. Be sure that you only buy from a reputable source.
How to Install ACDelco FW293
Before you choose to install this product, you should know first whether or not your wheel bearing is bad.
Some signs include snapping or popping sounds whenever you turn your vehicle, which tells you that the outer CV joint is wearing out. When you drive, there is a dragging or grinding noise, which means wheel bearings are worn out.
Depending on your car, you can also use a scanner to conduct a system module check and confirm there is something wrong with your wheel bearing.
After diagnosing, make sure you have the following before getting started:
List of Things Needed
You will need to have the following tools before you start replacing your wheel bearing:
- Breaker bar
- Slide hammer
- Socket set
- 3/8 ratchet
- Torque wrench
Here are the steps for installing the product:
- Jack your car up so you can physically check the wheel bearing for problems.
- Make sure you safely support the car by using your jack stand.
- You can also use the jack to give the car more protection.
- Block the rear tires so the car will not move while you work on it.
- Take the ACDelco FW293 and install it.
- Have the ABS harness in place.
- You might have to take the wheel off to start, but it will depend on your car.
- Remove the center cap of your wheel to get to the axle knot.
- Pull the metal ring out when you see it after taking the center cap off.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the lid.
- Get the axle knot socket to remove the knot.
- Depending on your car, you may have to use a breaker bar.
- If you have air tools, taking the knot off is much more comfortable.
- Remove the bolts using the ratchet.
- Get access to the wheel bearing using the breaker bar and ratchet, which you will use to remove the bolts.
- Remove the ABS sensor first before yanking the hub off using the slide hammer.
- You can now pull the wheel bearing assembly out.
- If it does not free itself, you can use penetrating fluid on the seam where the hub meets the knuckle.
- Use anti-seize at the back of the bearing in case you want to replace the bearing in the future.
- Remove the ABS wire and install the new hub bearing.
- Click the new ABS wire to the assembly.
After following these steps, it is time to place everything back, which should not be as hard as taking the parts off.
This wraps up our ACDelco FW293 review, and we hope that the information offered in it has been useful. Also, if ever you find it difficult to install the piece, don’t hesitate to ask for help or go to a mechanic.
Will you choose this product as a new wheel bearing assembly if your current one needs to be replaced? Comment and share your opinions if you’re already using the ACDelco FW293.
For other wheel bearing options, check out the following as well: